Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Not in running mood

Today was pretty cold out, hm?
How do I know? Because on my way to work my backpack froze, I could hardly bent it, it was so hard. And then after work, my bike lock was frozen as well. I have the "chain" that can be bent in any direction but not today, it was hard as a stick. And my fingers almost froze off when I was riding home. Tomorrow I am getting two pairs of gloves:)

And the run....the longest 8miles I have ever run. It sucked! I do not know why, I was not cold or anything (ok, the hands were, but they are always cold so that nothing new), I just was not in the mood or something. But I did it, the slowest run ever, I was really like a slug out there today, like 5:30/k pace. Then 5 strides. Unfortunately I had to do those on a road, because my nice snowy road was already pitch dark and I did not want to break an ankle during strides.

Then I went to the pool. It was better then the run but I did weights yesterday and my arms were sore today, so I was dying during 400m intervals. I could hardly move.

I know that this is not the best training arrangement ever. But I cannot swim in the mornings because I don't have time to get to work afterwards (30min to the Y, 1.5hour to swim, shower etc, 1.5hour to work). I could run in the morning but I do not have a hair dryer and I cannot bike to work with wet hair in winter. I need to get a hairdryer, I know. I will see what I can do about it this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment