Monday, August 9, 2010

Getting back from an injury

Today is the first day of my new training plan, back-from-an-injury plan. I start with 3 days of easy 30-50min running, then up to 4 days etc. It is nothing like what I would do. Last time I had TB problem (mid-Feb to mid-March),I started running after cca 3 weeks. I started on Friday and did 5miles, then did 400m workout at 73-78 pace on Saturday and ran 10k race on Wednesday...Well, my approach is probably one of the reasons why I have been dealing with this ITB odyssey past year. I am sure my coach knows better than I do
I know I still need to keep it easy because I sometimes get this weird feeling in ITB. I will see how it goes for 1-2 weeks and then we might spice it up a bit if I feel I am going crazy and ITB is 100%.

Today was no running day and I needed a break from a torture machine and it needed a break from me. Plus I do not want the bike to fall apart before this summer is over, so I rather give it a break for a day or two (except for those couple miles to get to work).
So I did only an elliptical. 60 minutes. It felt ok, surprisingly not boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment