Sunday, August 22, 2010

Furthest I have ever ridden

70.77 miles. This is really the furthest I have ever gone on bike. So far my max was around 66 miles I did 2 weeks ago.

It took me around 4 hours and couple minutes but I was not as tired as after/during 66 miles. Probably because today I rode on a road and only around 10 miles were on gravel road, so I did not have to "work" that hard. Those gravel roads are horrible but it is a good workout I suppose. Of course I had not prepared for the ride (that's nothing new with me) so I started to be hungry at around 45 miles. This time I did not even have a banana. Then I kind of forget about it but it started again at mile 56. But I did not have to think of tuna sandwiched and nectarines with peanut butter to get me through the ride.

I was thinking about trying to run a mile or two afterwards but I decided not to. I do not want to mess up ITB by doing too much plus I am not training for a triathlon or anything similar (but I would LOVE to)so there is really no need.
But I went to the pool to loosen up and it was a real ice bath. It has been kinda chilly the whole week and it rained yesterday so it was cold. But that's what I needed.

Plus I saw a pretty huge turtle. It was just sitting there on a side of a road and people were stopping to look at it. It (or parts of it) was not there on my way back so nobody ran over it, which is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment