Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Change of workout plans

I wanted to do my first real track workout today but the track was closed because a game was going on.

So I had to do the workout I had planned for Thursday. Since my disastrous miles from couple weeks/months ago that I had to do on grass because track was closed I always remember both workouts that I have for the week and this way I can switch on a spot.

So today: Fartlek on grass. 20 minutes warm-up. 1-2-3-3-2-1 minutes fast with 1/2 the recovery time in btwn the intervals. 10 minutes cool-down.

I did it on training fields and really enjoyed this workout. Weather was hot which I loved and I love the smell of dry grass. It reminds me of summers at home when I helped my grandfather preparing hay for rabbits for winter.
Anyway, it was a good effort and I am pretty satisfied with this workout. My legs were getting definitely tired by the end. I made sure to keep a good form and pump those arms:)

No comments:

Post a Comment