Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I thought that this was going to be a down week...

Today did not look like a down week and tomorrow will be even worse...
Michelle said that she could not wait to start kicking my a$$ and it seems that she has officially started.

Although my run today was very easy. 2.5miles w/up, 10x300 @ 62sec w/1min fast walk bak to start, 800m c/d. (I messed up warm up and cool down a bit, but it is ok, got the mileage in) for a total of 4.875 miles. NICE!
All aerobic effort, nothing fast.
It has been raining a bit so I was soaked by the time I was done and then had to go to the pool:(

Huge thunderstorm was supposed to hit us later in the evening so I was expecting the pool to be closed or to be kicked out half-way through.
Fortunately that did not happen and today was one of few days when swimming was not a nightmare!
I started sharing the lane but after a few minutes I had the whole lane for myself. Rain has probably detered people from coming.
And I had a good swim. 18x100 at decent clip. Pretty challenging but I was surprisingly not dreading it but was excited to see what I can do instead. That's the right attitude! But that's probably because I knew I could do it if I put my mind and body into it. And I did it.
It is still very intimidating to know that I want to swim faster that this with no rest for more than twice the distance next August. Oh well, I have little over 12 months to keep improving!

My sister is coming back to the US tomorrow. Although she will be in Oklahoma it is kind of exciting because I will have someone to talk to at least on a phone! Yay!

1 comment:

  1. I did your mile repeat workout today :) Enjoy catching up with your sister!

    ReplyDelete