Saturday, March 6, 2010

You might be a runner if…

...you do anything to try to heal an injury except go to a doctor or athletic trainer because you know they will just tell you to "stop running".

So true. In past year (March to March), I have been able to run approximately 5 months and the rest I have been injured and not able to run as much as I would like to. But I never really went to see a doctor because...well, he will just tell me to stop running (and because they are soooo expensive! I mean, 80 Euros for being told "stop running", come on!) But maybe I should go see a doctor because I want to run again, desperately.

I have enjoyed past week when I went biking every day but it is just not the same! I promise that I will take days off, eat right and generally take better care of my body, but please...I want to run again.

I am selling my bike next Friday (but there is still a chance that nobody will buy it and I am secretly hoping that it will happen). If I had enough money, I would definitely keep it but I cannot.

For now, I will try to stay positive and get back on track.
I would love to do another marathon because the first one was just to see how it is and now I want to try to race a marathon. But I am too scared that I will get injured again so I have decided to do a half marathon instead. I want to do Rock'n'Roll Los Angeles Half Marathon on October 24th, if I am healthy (Anybody in with me????). I will wait a little more before doing next marathon. Although I was contemplating signing up for NYC Marathon lottery because this might be my last chance. Who knows where I will end up living...But if I get lucky..it is so freaking expensive for non-Americans- like 265$!!!

I did not go to biking event today because it was kinda cold and it is 30k to get there, 30k back and 80k inbetween and it would have been not enjoyable.

I did 50k on my own instead and my fingers and toes were freezing although I was wearing two pairs of socks and two pairs of gloves! I was wearing a t-shirt and 3 long-sleeved shirts and I was still cold and after 30k I had to put on also NorthFace running jacket.

No comments:

Post a Comment