Sunday, March 7, 2010

Freezing!!!!

It was sunny today but very cold and very windy. So I bundled up (1 short-sleeved shirt, 3 long-sleeved shirts, 1 winter running jacket + 1 extra jacket in a backpack, 2 pairs of gloves, 2 pairs of socks (one thin, on warm) and off I went.

I wanted to go to these cool lakes and take some pictures. First 18k were great, but then...I got a flat tire.
Of course I had a repair kit because I do not want to get stuck somewhere in French countryside since I do not know anyone who I can call to come pick me up.
But you can imagine how hard it was to fix it with frozen fingers. I did not know whether I should cry, scream or what. It took me almost 30minutes to fix it and I was frozen to bones. I am still little frozen now.
Of course I did not go to lakes, I turned around immediately. Maybe sometime next week, hopefully it will get warmer.
This was the worst bike ride ever!!!
Total: 35k today

No comments:

Post a Comment