Tuesday, March 23, 2010

6 x 1k workout

Quote of the day: "Somewhere in the world someone is training when you are not. When you race him, he will win." (Random fact: That's actually something what Chris Escareno told me few years ago when we were talking about days off from running. He said that he did not take days off because someone else is not taking a day off and that guy will beat him at next race. It seems it is working well for him since he is (and always was) one of the best long-distance runners in Ivy League. But I am not going to follow his example.)

I did not post yesterday because yesterday was crazy. I HATE students. We had group presentation to prepare for Wednesday and they decided to meet at 11pm! WTF!!! It's my bed time. I do not care that you go to bed at 4 in the morning, but please do not make the other (wiser) people to do the same! Grrr.
Anyway, I did 12k easy yesterday and my calves were killing me.


Today's workout was just awesome. We did 6 x 1k with 200m jog between and I felt great.
I did 3:48, 3:45, 3:47, 3:45, 3:46, 3:44 and I felt strong and relaxed.
We ran it in group but I ended up running most of them alone because my usual running partner did not have his day.
I did weights afterwards. I am taking a week off from Push Ups Challenge because my chest muscles need to recover a little.

It was not that hard and I am really confident about getting back in good running shape. I am exciting about doing 3k in April, now I just need to get used to pain and win that battle with my worse self that little pain is not bad. Although I am not sure whether I can do that.

3 comments: