Sunday, March 14, 2010

Running weekend

I am back from our running camp in Houlgate in Normandy and it rocked!!! Not only I ran on a beach but I also swam in a sea!

I will start form the beginning.
Friday: In the morning I went to sell my bike (tears), which meant that I did cca 8k bike, then 7k walk and 1k run.
In the afternoon, we had a nice easy 7,3k run on a beach. It was hard running in sand but it was still awesome. Push up challenge (total 120 push ups, I was amazed how easy that felt (not easy, but not too hard), I do not know what happened there. I thought I would not be able to do that, but I did).Then sauna and in the evening we went to creperie for yummy pancakes.
Saturday: W/up, then some drills and sprints and some other weird exercises in the morning, plus 1k cool down and sauna. After very filling lunch and some rest, we had a real workout. 1k w/up and then 7x400m hard w/400 jog between. Well, they were not supposed to be too hard, but we kinda could not restrain ourselves and other thing is, our running is not too serious to care about paces and stuff. So we just went as we felt like going. We started at 79 and worked our way down to 73s. It was not that hard actually but I do not have any speed so event if I wanted to go faster, I could not. Then 1,5k c/d and again few minutes in sauna. I wanted to spend my evening studying for my Corporate finance mid-term that it tomorrow but felt asleep after 40min, before 10pm:) I was dead!


Sunday: Slow 9,5k jog on a beach and then I put my bathing suit on and I went to swim. People though I was crazy, because we ran in gloves and hats. Even some random people going by stopped and watched me and even applauded me:) Water was freezing of course but I am from landlocked Slovakia, we do not have any seas and therefore I must use all the opportunities I get to go swimming in a sea. I should not call it swimming, since I have spend there like 2-3 minutes. Then warm sauna, lunch and weights in the afternoon.





The purpose of this training camp was to prepare us for competition we have on Thursday. Our school is competing with 2 other schools in our region in 10k track race. I am not sure whether it has really helped us to be prepared but it was fun nevertheless:) And the best part is that I did not have to pay for it, because it was too expensive for me but our coach really wanted me to come so he persuaded school to pay for me. Isn't that cool?

I was nicely surprised that my knee has survived all this. I felt a slight pain on Friday and then Saturday after 400s but other than it, it felt really good. I hope it will be ok on Thursday.

Now I am back on campus studying for my exam. I cannot fail it (which is very easy here), otherwise I will have to take a gap year and cannot go to UCLA.

No comments:

Post a Comment