Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Building muscle base

No, I did not weight lift today. But I was thinking about it.

Our school running practice almost killed me today. I was prepared for our usual 6x1k (yes, our coach is that creative, we always do the same thing, no matter that it might be 3 months is a row), but surprise, we did 6 x 250m sprint with 250m walk between. I am so not speedy, I know and admit it. I did something like 46, 44, 45, 45, 46, 45s. I believe that speed work can be advantageous in longer races because of the muscle base it helps to build so I am not complaining too much.

Then I did 5k cool down, alone, because it has been raining all day and everybody else left as soon as we finished "hard" part. I was soaked by the end therefore I headed directly to a shower, not to a weight room.
And once I was all warmed up and clean, I did not enough moral to go to the gym. I wanted to do some lunges and squads in my room but my quads and calves!!! are tight so I prefer give them some rest.

No push ups today, will start tomorrow, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment