Saturday, March 20, 2010

Promises

I guess I will be a "new running me" starting tomorrow...

It seems that my Thursdays 10k race was little too much on my legs that are not used to running. My legs felt really very heavy yesterday even after easy recup run and this morning it was not any better. Therefore I told to myself that a day off will be the best thing to do. My mileage for pat 5 days this week has been around 40k which is not bad for "come back" week.

But I got so bored that I decided to go for a run, which is definitely not aligned with my new running resolutions. I did 5k out and then 5k walk back. It was a pure torture. I do not even want to know my pace. I walked back but tried to start running at about 3k to go but my quadriceps were so tight that I had to stop and continue walking.

I stretched a lot and massaged my legs back in my room. I hope it will be much better tomorrow. I am not going to run tomorrow, that's for sure, because we are going to Lille for Coupe de France volleyball match. I am secretly hoping I will not have to play and just sit and rest on a bench:)

Push ups suck. Today was my Day 3 of Week 4 and I moved to middle column because I the top column has become too hard for me. But it has not helped. I was supposed to do 23, 28, 23, 23, 33. I did 23, 28, 23 and then 13 and could not do more. What's the deal with this? It was not supposed to be that difficult today? Maybe I only need a rest. I will do Week 4 again next week and see how it goes. I am even thinking about taking few days off so my chest muscles can fully recover.

No comments:

Post a Comment