Thursday, September 9, 2010

Trail workout

Wednesday:
6 easy miles + 3 strides

Today:
20 minutes w/up. 3 X 6 minutes at 10k pace (6:33-38) w/ 2 min jog btw. 10 minutes c/d.

I just realized that I was supposed to do 3 min jog between...hm, I do not know why I assumed I have 2 min rest. Oh well, that does not make that much difference.

I was little worried because I have not run anything relatively fast over 4 min since June. And today I was supposed to run faster for 6 min and three times!
But then I figured, come on, they are at 10k pace, that should be easy. And it was not bad, not bad at all. Even with "only" 2 min rest:)
I used Garmin for this because I had had no idea how that pace should feel. I did 6:30 (downhill), 6:33(up), 6:29(down). On the last one it was dark already and I could not see digits so could not check the pace therefore it was little faster.

And I did not do weight because it was dark when I got home and I was hungry. I will do weights tomorrow or some other day.

I ran 4 days in a row because I will not be able to run tomorrow and Saturday.
We have picnic at work tomorrow so I will probably get home too late. I would not mind running in dark, but only on streets, not on trail. And since I am not going to run on road, I am not going to run tomorrow. I will ellipticate.
And on Saturday I have to go to Canada for couple minutes and then come back to have my alien status changed by immigration office. And since I am taking a public transportation to get there, it will probably take me the whole day to do that. The worst thing it to get to Detroit from here, then it is easy-peasy (I hope, I have not taken this bus yet). Maybe it will be faster to ride a bike to Detroit, then leave it somewhere at the bus stop and take a bus to Canada. I wish I could ride a bike to Canada:(

1 comment:

  1. You need to race a little. Seriously, you are running so well, might as well race it up!

    ReplyDelete