Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Packing has started

I hate this but it must be done.
Actually this move to LA is much easier than almost all movings before because before I always had to think what I am going to take with me and what not. This time it is different because I am taking everything with me.

Tomorrow I am shipping the bike, bike accessories and some cloths. At first I thought to bring bike on plane with me but it would cost more than the bike itself. They charge $200! Come on, what has happened to free sporting goods on planes??? 2 years ago I could take a bike and golf clubs on plane for free.
Then I thought that I will just get rid of a bike and buy a new one in LA. But since I have also new stuff I bought here (helmet, fitness ball, foam roller, 2 sneakers. Do you see the trend? Only exercise things.) that I cannot/don't want to take on plane because I will be over limit and therefore have to send them anyway, which will cost me money so I might throw he bike into box as well.
I got a quote online and it was "only" $69 which is not that bad. And since it does not make a difference whether I send 45 pounds or 70 pounds, I packed into bike box a lot of other things. Co-worker is picking me up tomorrow morning and drive me and the box to FedEx. I just hope they will take it because it is not very professionally packed. As soon as I got the bike I went to Walmart to ask them for an empty bike box, and thankfully they just finished assembling some bikes so I got 2 boxes but they cut them to open them so I had to combine two to pack the bike.
I also hope everything gets to LA in one piece and sooner than in 1 month.

Here is the process:

Bike still in one piece (almost, I decided to take pictures after I dismantled some parts) plus I am sorry for a pure quality. My camera is a very bad one and I had low battery so could not use flash.


Bike in a box




Ready to be shipped


Yes, I did this in the middle of a living room while watching TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment