Sunday, September 12, 2010

29 miles on bike + 4 miles on feet

I wanted to do my last long bike ride today (because moving to LA on Saturday) but 14 miles in I got a flat tire. Stupid Michigan roads!!! There is glass, nails, screws and other junk everywhere on roads! You do not see that on roads in Europe. I have had more flat tires these past 3 months than I have had in my whole life before coming here.
I hate it. Soon I will be able to apply for a cock pit job with F1, I am becoming an expert in tire changes. (I know that changing car tires is different from changing bike tires but...)

I fix it with a sticky patch but did not want to continue my ride because I had no desire to walk 35 miles to my place if something else happens to that tire (and I did not have an extra one with me).

I ran 4 miles afterwards. These bricks are getting really easy. It might be because I am getting used to them or because I have a bigger water bottle and am not completely dehydrated for a run.

Plus I did something very stupid today. I had to go to Walmart to get an extra tire and it was already dark when I was coming back and there is no sidewalk so I decided to use a different road with a sidewalk. But this road was closed for traffic. So I was all alone on that road for about 2 miles, walking in a dark surrounded by woods. I was little scared. I always to stupid stuff like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment