Sunday, September 5, 2010

This was my longest bike ride ever

Maybe not really since it was not continuous...
69 miles bike + 2 miles run + 2.5 miles bike (for 71.5 miles on bike total)

I woke up, ate cereals with banana-berries-chocolate milk and started internet stalking...Great job coach, although it was not what you hoped for! And great job SLG, who ran a marathon only 2 weeks after rocking her first 1/2 Ironman.

Stalking lasted until noon and then I was finally free to start my bike ride.
I felt pretty good, although my arms hurt (???), I was freezing and hungry- cereals in the morning only managed to keep me full until mile 50ish. I was not thirsty though (I bought a bigger 1 liter water bottle). I had to stop half way through for couple minutes and defrost myself at the sun like lizards do. It was not that cold but the wind was chilly and my toes were frozen (I think that I will try to start working in marketing department of one of the sport shoes makers so I can propose to them the idea of proper winter sport shoes. Shhh. Do not tell anyone. It is my idea!).

Then I did 2-mile run on grass. I felt splendidly. I was surprised because last week I did only 50miles before my run and I felt horribly. Today I did more plus I did pretty decent workout yesterday and despite all this I felt awesome on todays run. Ok, I know I increased my mileage by those 2 miles, because my coach's plan did not call for that, but ITB is ok, so I figured why not? And if I run for a bit after bike, it loosens my legs.
And yeah, the legs felt refreshed (relatively) for final 2.5 miles to my apartment.

I ate tuna sandwich, drank some tap water/mineral water/orange juice mix and went to the pool. I did not swim because weather has been pretty cold past few days, I just sat on stairs and read a book about the last Russian tsar and treated that like an ice bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment