Monday, September 20, 2010

6 miles on a road divider

First of all, California climate is not dry! Maybe it is dried than the east coast but nothing like Europe. Believe me, I know. I have run in Slovakia, Germany, Austria, Monte Negro, Italy, Slovenia, France, Spain, England, Croatia. I am trying hard to think where else I have run but I cannot think of any other country. (I have visited other countries as well but I did not run there)

I did 6 miles this morning on San Vicente Boulevard. It is approximately 1 mile from my place, so not that bad. I can walk there until my bike arrives. It goes from where I start all the way to the ocean and it is around 2.5 miles from my starting spot. The best (or worst) thing is that there is a strip of grassy and treesy divider between lines. And a lot of people run there. It is so nice and soft. I have read somewhere that it was created on that purpose, so that people can run there. It might be true since I saw water fountain there as well.

Then I went to school to do some paperwork stuff and went to check out gym(s) and track. Looks good. The only problem is that not the whole track is open. Only 336m, rest is closed for lane striping. Should be open next week. This means that I can run only 300s or 200s this week. I do not have any 300s on my plan, so I will run 2 different 200s workouts this week...Hm.
That was the first time I was on the campus there and it is pretty big, everything is cramped together, a lot of different stuff and lot of people. I hate that, so different from Brown and HEC. And I realized that school starts on Thursday, not Tuesday. So one more day of vacation, I can take that:)

No comments:

Post a Comment