Saturday, September 11, 2010

Bus adventures continue

I had to go to Canada to change my alien status and of course I took a bus (ok, 3 buses).

My sister says that I am the only person in the whole world who has the Ivy League education and rides buses in the US. Come to think of it, she is probably right. But I do not care since there is nothing I can (want) to do about it until at least next year.

But today it was not that bad. It is approximately 40 miles from my place to Windsor in Canada. And it only took me 8 hours to get there and back. I left my place at 7am and came back at 6pm. I have spent around 3 hours in Windsor and in immigration office at the border and the rest was spent on a bus or waiting for a bus.
Good thing is that I did not have to walk 11 miles as I had to last time. Bad thing is that it started raining when I was in Detroit waiting for a bus to come back and it was cold. But I am defrost now and I did not get jumped, so everything is good.

By the way, Detroit is such a disgusting city. How could people live there? Does anybody live there actually?

I was pretty tired but dragged myself to the gym for 60min on a stationary bike. (I wish I had a home trainer, that way I can watch a movie or something and not just stare at the wall in front of me.)

3 comments:

  1. you are a seriously impressive person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, but it has nothing to do with being impressive. You have to work with what you got...And this is what I got know.
    But I am not complaining. I am such a low maintenance person, just give me some food, sneakers, bike and I am happy:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to visit your blog since our e-talk about mushrooms on sealegsgirl blog.
    I think it is great you took buses. My goodness, if we only had a decent public transportation in this country.
    I've been living in the US forever now and I've been avoiding visiting Detroit. I have not met a person who liked that city.

    ReplyDelete