Thursday, September 23, 2010

Speed is killing me

So this is what I call California weather. I actually got sunburned during my workout.
As soon as I started w/up I knew that the legs did not feel fresh/springy (I do not know why) and that it will be hard.
Maybe it was humidity, hot weather or just I need more rest between workouts. I will see how it goes next week and then maybe adjust my running schedule to put workouts 2 days apart.
Anyway, I did 3 X 600 m/300 m. 600 m @ 3k pace (2:10-2:15), 60 sec FULL recovery, 300m @ 1500m pace (0:58-1:05). Jog 400 m recovery very easy btw sets.
I did 2:11/59, 2:07/58, 2:07/57.
Apparently, hitting 600m target was much easier. 300s seemed so fast.
After the first 600 I tried to jog for 60sec but then decided to take full recovery for next ones because 1min is like nothing!
First and second set were ok, it was hard but manageable. The last one was hard. I was winded and tired, especially the 300. 600 felt better.
This means I do not have any speed. Bummer. I have always had troubles with speed and always had to work really hard to get speedy.
Legs felt little sore afterwards, especially because I did weights also.

But by the evening I felt great again and could not resist and went out for a short bike ride to check out the oceanside and marina. Well, it was hard to check out something since of course I do not wear glasses when I bike so I could not even properly see where I was. I should get an eye surgery. Or get contacts. Many friends that have the same lenses as I do I have something like 2.25, I think) cannot even function without glasses. But I am kinda used to function without it. However, I am sure that I would be much better tennis and volleyball player if I actually saw a ball before it hits me and world around me would be much better place as well...)I was out for 1.5h. It was actually better than I thought it would be because some streets have bike lines and I tried to choose streets that looked less crowded. But it is nothing like French countryside or Michigan bike paths. If only one of good American schools were located in the middle of nowhere in France. That would be the paradise. For me at least.

BTW, I had my first class today. German literature, Goethe more specifically. That I am auditing. So nothing exciting. Not that I am interested in Goethe or literature, but once you get over a certain level in language, there are no classes to choose from. I have always had this problem with German. Already at college I always ended up doing some kind of literature class that I was not interested in at all, but at least I could listen to German and talk. In France I did French-German translation. Slovak girl who had learn French in the US translating it into German....That was fun:)

No comments:

Post a Comment