Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Tuesday speed

So far so good. My quality over quantity plan is working for now. Although I am starting to doubt that it is a real plan since my mileage is really realy low, like 5miles/last week low. I do not know, any suggestions?

I decided to ramp it up a bit today.
W/up 800m, 600, 400, 600, 400, 800c/d.
I would normaly jog between intervals but I cannot do it now, I do not want to push it, so I just walked for 2-3min. I know, it was loooong rest.

But I am faster than I thought I would be after 4 months of minimum running and zero speed work, which is encouraging. Although I know that for next summer I do not need to be fast. I was told to start preparing myself mentally beucase I would have to loose my speed and work on my endurance and aerobic capacity. I am ok with that, as long as it makes me do decently at the IM!
It was very windy today and I was joined by one girl who is a former 10k runner but she has not done any speedwork in like 10 years, but she does run regularly.
600: 2:11
400: 1:23
600: 2:05 (clearly, 800m w/up is not enough and I started to feel warmed up here)
400: 1:21 (wind started to be very strong there and honestly, I think that I was getting tired:))
Decent. It was not hard at all (except for the windy stretches). Sure I was breathing hard at the end but it was not like I went all out. It felt nicely controleld.
But keep in mind that the rest was loooong and that I am totally rested with my pathetic mileage.
And I did not bike beforehand.
I biked afterwards - 9x2min hard effort, I thought that my legs were going to fall off but I liked it- concentrating on not settling into a pace and keep pushing!

ITB felt little off this morning so I was not sure about the workout but then it has not said a beep the whole day so I decided to go for it. And zero discomfort while running or after!

I have decided to stay in my current apartment. I would have to buy a car if I moved and I really do not want to do that. Apart from a financial factor, I think that biking everywhere is really helping me to get stronger on a bike (I just wish I could swim everywhere. I need that!) and if I have to leave at the end of the year I would have to go through the car selling hussle and that's the last thing I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment