Thursday, June 16, 2011

3 days update

Tuesday: Bike ride in the morning.
I had a very stressful day because I was supposed to leave in the afternoon and I HAD TO submit my application for visa extension and school had not sent me the necessary paperwork. But I did it, was late for my car ride to the airport but application is submitted and now have to wait for the outcome.

Wednesday: Assessment tests the whole day. It was interesting but awful. They gave us hypothetical scenarios and we were supposed to solve them, play different roles etc. Well, it seems I did not get hired for the position. I do not have necessary soft skills. So I will just go back to working with my numbers:)

Thursday: Had to get up early because I had morning flight (well, 10am) and the airport in St. Louis was over 80miles drive from Mt Vernon. I was really tired the whole day and was very happy that I did not have to drive from Detroit airport to my place because I would have probably fall asleep. Then I had to go to work and just wanted to go home and take a nap:( It was awful.
I had bike, run, swim planned but decided to move bike to tomorrow and take a nap instead. But as I was biking home it somehow woke me up.
So I did the bike ride, but it was not spectacular. It was raining and windy and I should have probably gone to spin class because with such weather conditions I was not able to work as hard as I was supposed to. Or maybe it was because I was just tired.
Then I did a short run. I was not sure about it because that stupid ITB is just weird. One day feels great, the next day hurts like hell with no apparent reason. But I decided to give it a try and it seems that it did not mess things up too much. I did 1min run, 1min walk, 2min run, 1 walk, 3min run, 1 walk, 3min run, 1 walk, 2 run, 1 walk, 1 run, 1 walk + 3 short strides. It did not hurt and it feels good now as well.
And then I went to the pool. It was a looooooooooooong swim but I liked it. Among other things I did 10x100 @ 1:50 in 1:35 and it was awesome. It was a decent effort but nice and controlled, just how I like it:)

I am dead tired now, I need to sleep. It was a busy day.

Next Monday I am supposed to have a day off and Michelle gave me instructions not to gorge myself on junk food. !?!?!?!?!?!? She must have been really reading my ramblings. I need to be careful about what I write:) On my days off when I have nothing to do and am bored and lazy I usually eat muffins, cookies, brownies, tortilla chips (sometimes all together). And now, not only I cannot do any workouts on Monday, but I am also not allowed to indulge! What kind of a life is that:)

1 comment: