Saturday, June 19, 2010

My long runs are not long enough

to explore this awesome area.
It is very rural and spread out and when I run I do not get very far and I have to turn around and head back. And it is really very nice area I am living in.
So today I went to explore a bit on a bike. There is a lot of lakes here so decided to check one out. Approximately 8 miles from my place. But as I was going there I crosses this trail road leading to another lake that I also wanted to see.
So changed my mind and followed the trail. It is not paved, it is covered with very fine gravel, good enough for a road bike if you are not scared (of flat tire:) Private joke.) I met a lot of bikers and runners there.
But it was awesome, I am so doing my long run there tomorrow.
Lake was awesome as well. Such a cool area and houses...magnificent! If I marry a wealthy man, I will get a house in area like that one.
I took a different trail back home. It was not as enjoyable because gravel was not that fine and if there was a loosen screw on the bike, I am sure I lost it. I need to check out the bike tomorrow. And it was kinda longer.
I end up doing more than 35 miles and was starving and thirsty because I was not prepared for this. But I loved it (except that I had to pass along a dead dear and I have few more tan lines because my biking shorts are not of the same length as my running shorts. The same goes for a biking jersey!

I took 2 hours a rest before doing my easy 7 miler. Surprisingly, legs did not feel bad at all.
Then went to a pool to loosen up and it did me good.

No comments:

Post a Comment