Monday, June 28, 2010

It is normal!!!

People at work found out I walked 5+ miles to get there this morning and it caused all kind of different reactions. I got couple offers to drive me home, to pick me up tomorrow, to lend me a bike etc.
I do not want people to think that I am ungrateful so when a colleague offered to pick me up tomorrow for like 10th time I said yes. People do not understand that I DO ENOJY riding a bike to work and even walk there. But it is a very odd thing to do here so...
So I take a ride to work tomorrow and then hopefully other colleague brings me one of her bikes and I can start biking again.

Anyway,I ran 6miles from work today and it was pretty good. I liked that because then I was done soon and had the whole evening for me. Well, not that I do have anything to do in the evenings except for watching TV...
ITB and shins felt ok. I still tape everything. Taped shins, bandages on knees...horrible.

I made a huge mistake today. I sent email to my parents with some news about life and stuff and casually mentioned that I might do half marathon in LA. I immediately received an email from my mom about how bad for a human body it is, that I am only hurting myself and she does not understand why I do that and blahblahblah (considering that I wear couple bandages and tapes she might be partly right). Whatever. She knows that I run but she probably thinks that I do couple hundred meters once or twice a week. Let's just keep her in a sweet unawareness. Now you know why I need this blog to share my running adventures since my family is out of question.

Slovakia - The Netherlands 1:2:( Sad, but we still did very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment