Saturday, June 5, 2010

Epic fail

*I am sorry for stealing this title*

I was debating with myself whether to run this 5k race or now, since my very pathetic running past 2 months and because of all the craziness that's going on right now.

But I figured that it is only 5k and I have never done a road race in the US and it was early in the morning, so I decided to do it.
It was horrible! I could not find it and arrived 10minutes before the start and the humidity is killing me! Living for 20+ years in Central Europe, which has virtually no humidity and then coming here...Well, I better get used to it. But it might take some time.
I started very conservatively ad was thinking to pick it up after 1,5 miles but that did not happen. I just was not able to move my legs. Pace was very comfortable, I mean it was not difficult, my legs just could not go faster. Maybe it is a jet-lag, hm (I was ok until today, felt good, but today since the race I have this weird headache that I get always when I lack sleep)? And other thing is that I am so mentally weak. I have always been. I am scared of pain and need to be confident to race well. Since I have not done any real workouts since mid-April, I did not know what I have in me.

There is nothing I can do about it. I raced (more like ran, not raced) horribly but it was fun. It was walk/run race ad there were 193 people. I d not know whether it is a lot or not but a lot of them were walking. I got 1st woman (somehow) and quite a lot of people talked to me after the race and when they heard that I had an accent they started asking me questions and stuff. It was fun. And I won $50 gift certificate to a jewelry store. Weird, I know. I do not wear jewelry. I would prefer something for a sporting goods store or a restaurant.

And I got a bike today!!!!!!! Not the one I wanted because I could not find it anywhere and I drove almost 100 miles to find it. Hm. But it is exciting!

2 comments:

  1. Love the title :)

    Um, CONGRATS!?! you won. yay!

    you can send me the jewelry ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I bet they sell other things besides jewelry there. There has to be SOMETHING you'll like there.

    There is, you know, an unofficial rule that you can't write a race report without writing your time!!! So....

    ReplyDelete