Sunday, June 20, 2010

Long run and stuff

11 miles planned and as I promised on a new trail.
But before that I went to get new swimming goggles and wanted to try them after the run.

It seems that humidity is here again because I felt sluggish and tired today and I was melting! But trails was amazing. It is around 4.6mile from my place and I used bike to get there. I was comprehensive about leaving my bike there for an hour and a half but persuaded myself that bike will be ok since I used 2 bike locks and I do not expect bike thieves to be at such place.
I realized that trail is a very very slight incline in northern direction and then decline on a way back. This caused that my splits out were at 8ish pace and back they were 7:30ish pace. But I was really happy when I finished and all I wanted was food and water.

I did not eve went to swim afterwards because I was sooo hungry and had to go to store to get something good.

And now some random facts:

1, Now having a car definitely helps with not buying crap:) There was Edy's ice cream on sale today and if I had car, I would have bought it. But without a car I did not feel like carrying it 1 mile back. I still had to carry watermelon though:) But I would prefer watermelon to ice cream any time. (Sorry Mad)

2, I wonder whether also other female runners have experienced/realized this? When I run or bike and have to cross a road and there is a car driven by a woman alone in a car, she stops and lets me cross very rarely. When she is young, she stops almost never. But when there are other people (esp kids) in a car, she usually stops. However, when a man drives a car, he stops almost always. No matter whether he is young or old or alone or with the others.
Just yesterday I had to get from a right side of a road to the left and there were cars coming from behind and I was giving a sigh that I want to go to left. Two cars driven by women just passed by (one actually slowed down a bit and then just sped by) and then a car with a young man inside let me cross.
Isn't it interesting? I wonder why it is so. Is it because man have more "sport ethics" or whatever it is. Or because I am a woman and they are men, that simple.

2 comments:

  1. are you serious? watermelon over ice cream? seriously?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah yeah. You know me, I will give you my free birthday Ben&Jerry's ice cream anytime:)

    ReplyDelete