Tuesday, June 15, 2010

400s

Wow, I have not done such workout in....years (but I am not sure of that).

Plan was w/u, 5 X 100 m strides with 100 m jog between, 12 X 400 m @ 5k race pace with 100 m jog recovery between and after 6th take a 400 m jog, c/d

5k pace? How fast is that? My coach determined that it is something around 1:38 for 400m for me right now. I know it sounds very slow, but considering my past performances, climate and only 100m jog, I though I would go with it.

I warmed up 3 miles (little bit more than usual 2.5miles just to wake up the legs. It did not help that much though. I will add a bit more next time.)
I had no idea what that pace feels like and started way too fast. I went through 200m in 44sec, I slowed down a bit and finished at 1:30. Ok, way too fast.
I slowed down a bit to 1:35 the next one, but it felt easy and I knew I can keep this pace for next 10 400s and if I had slowed further down to 1:38 it would have been too easy and not a quality workout.
After the 3rd one, my legs wake up and I did 1:34s and 1:33s for the rest of them.

It felt good, not too easy but not too hard. But more easy than hard.

I wonder whether I am adjusting to humidity:)

Then I went to the gym to do the weights. I am little sore now.


Other random stuff:
I love my bike and am pretty satisfied with it but the person who has assembled it did a VERY poor job. Although much better than I would have done. I do not know anything about bike assemblies. But I fixed the brakes yesterday (and am still alive today) and will try to fix front derailleur over weekend (that way I will have two days to put it together if I screw it completely)

I need to get a new visa for my exchange program in California and visa can be obtained only outside the USA. I can't afford going to Europe and will try to get them in Toronto, Canada, but it is just too stressful because I must ask my boss to give me couple days off and the embassy will take my passport and then mail it to me and I have to stay in Canada until I receive it and what if something happened to it? I can be stuck in Canada without passport for days and days! And hotel will be more expensive than I can afford! And then I will have to go to Canada again sometime in September just to pass the border and immigration and get my visa stamped...
Don't you know anyone in Toronto who I can stay with for few days and where my passport can be mailed? Or even better don't you know an American citizen who is willing to marry me? I do not want to deal with this anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment