Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sunday Sunday

Why am I always on the wrong hemisphere when important sport events happen????
Woo-hoo for Germany.
SLOVAKIA vs THE NETHERLANDS tomorrow morning. I will have to rely on email updates from my mother.

Running news:
I am worried about the left ITB so I did not run 12 miler as planned today. I did only 7,25 miles and I ran very carefully. Not sure what that means since I do not think that you can hit the pavement more or less softly but I tried. No pain. Maybe it was just one day thing. I hope.

Non-running news:
My bike is death.
I was not lucky with this one. Firstly the tire, then the crankset.
Good news is they took it back and I am getting a new one. The one I originally wanted, woo-hoo.
Bad news, it might take up to 3 weeks so I will be walking 5,5miles every morning to work next week.
Thanksfuly week after is week off in automotive business in Detroit so I don't have to walk.
My plan is to walk in the morning and then run back after work. It should be ok (although I will have to run with my backpack) apart from my workout day, I am not sure how I do this. I have only 1 workout next week which is great considering this. I guess I will just do longer w/up then.

I started to make friends. One German colleague took me out tonight to show me around. It was fun. We went to get ice cream and I did not even embarrass him by asking the waitress to warm up my ice cream in microwave. I am sooo considerate.

No comments:

Post a Comment