Friday, May 21, 2010

Uneventful

My shins are much better, I still feel occasional sharp pain for a second and then everything is ok, but today it happened maybe twice, which is awesome.
But I still take it very easy and tape my shins, because I want to heal this completely before I start my training for LA half marathon in October.
I run a low mileage, therefore I want to run little bit faster than my usual easy pace. Because it is "how many times I hit" the ground, not "how fast I hit" it that cause shins split. Or? That's at least my logic.
So I did 4 miles. I took Garmin with me this time and set it to record my mile splits to see how I was doing. Average pace 7:38, but then I checked my splits after the run and well, I am not very consistent: 7:43, 7:44, 7:35, 7:30. Whatever, it was just an easy run to stay in shape, nothing too specific.
7 days from now, I will be in a bus direction Slovakia!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment