Thursday, May 13, 2010

Confidence booster

Just a small one, but still.
There is MBA tournament going on on our campus right now. I already saw some guys from Oxford, women soccer players from Cambridge and some ESADE students.
They organize XCountry race on Saturday and originally I wanted to participate but after past week of "negativity phase" and my shins not feeling good, I decided not to. And I have not even trained properly past month, since my awesome(my standards) 3k race in mid-March.
But today this MBA guy comes to me and asks me whether I am "that" girl on school track team and that they want me to join their women's team for XC race on Saturday. Wow, they want me! Ok, it is not a big deal, it is not like New York Road Runners asked me to join them, but still somebody knows that I am not that bad and wants me to run with them. My spirit has soared immediately. I have no idea who is on a team, expect for one girl from Colorado who is not bad, we met at one XC race in December and I will probably suck because it is 7-8k (not precise, is it?) running up and down hills but should be fun.
This will probably be my last race for HEC, so I decided to do my best and try to push myself and run hard. We will see whether my brain will play some tricks on me and who will win at the end, it is brain vs body.

Btw, I did 6,5k easy today on soft surface around the campus lake. My shin so far so good.

1 comment: