Wednesday, May 12, 2010

2 days

Tuesday:

Tuesday was an awesome day. We had beach volleyball tournament, 4 players, mixed teams.
Nothing worked out as planned: It has been raining whole day- so we moved inside (10 teams signed up, only 8 showed up, they were probably scared we want to do it outside; my team consisted of 2 players because one got stucked at the airport in Lisbon and the other somewhere in Paris; but we were mixed- me a girl, and one male tennis player.
So for first two matches we had one rotating random player from other teams (I know, 2+1 is 3, yes we played only 3 and still won, oh, we are too strong) and then 2 guys from a team that got eliminated joined us.
We again won and moved to semi-finals and then to finals and then we WON. WOOHOO. I played really very well, I ma getting pretty good at volleyball.
We won this awesome jackets (I will upload a photo later), the only problem is that I bought exactly the same jacket a day before for 20Euros:( But the guy said he will give me my money back. I hope he will keep his promise.
This tournament was so much fun, I really loved it!
Then I ran 5k very easily on a soft surface, my shins were ok, but not 100%.

Wednesday:
No running, to give a rest to my shins but of course I went to volleyball practice. It's not really a practice anymore, since we the season is over, so we just play for fun and it indeed is fun.
I know, I know, it is not very good for my shins but I am going crazy if I do not do anything.

1 comment:

  1. Ok. That was a fascinating story about your family and immigration between Slovakia and France. Thank you so much for sharing! I have only been to the northern Czech Republic and not Slovakia, but I remember thinking that everything was brown/grey and of relatively poorer quality (I lived in France when I visited) and I was surprised how sad people looked in general and from what I heard, things are worse economically in Slovakia. Interesting that you might move the the US for good. Wherever you are happy and at home is where you should be. There is a lot of peanut butter there, as discussed :).

    I suffered from shin splints when I returned form the Trans Alpine Run last year and I switched shoes, ran only on soft surfaces and recovered without cutting down on my running too much. I am hoping for the same for you. It sounds like you know what you're doing since you've only been running on soft surfaces.

    ReplyDelete