Saturday, May 15, 2010

Hills without preparation

Quote of the day: I am dead.

As I mentioned couple posts before, there was MBA Tournament organized at our school these past three days and although it was for MBA students only, our MBAs asked few students from other programs ( I do Masters in management)who are pretty good at some sport to participate, so they asked me to run cross country for their team.
Well, it was horrible. I have not done any hills since Feb 14 (because my ITB hurts a lot if I run downhill, and if I run uphill, I eventually run downhill, right?) and there were 3 huge uphills and I was fried.
First hill- I ran. Second hill- I ran three halves. Third hills (stairs)- I did not even bother trying to run it. But I ran very well on flat and downhill parts:)
Course was approximately 7k, which is long for xc. I came in 3rd and 1st girl for my school. Good thing that they asked me to run, right?:)
This was the 20th year of this Tournament and HEC (my school) won the whole tournament for the first time in its history. Second school (London Business School) was only 4 points behind and if I have not run xc, we would not have won xc, LBS would have won xc and then they would have won the whole tournament, not us. So I feel important, hahaha.
I looked pretty funny with my bandage for ITB and both shins taped. Some people were actually worried and asked me whether I was ok. Shins bother me a little now, but nothing too bad.

Then I got invitation for the closing party in a club in Paris at Champs Elysees. Otherwise it would have cost me 45Euros to get there and since I have not been to any party yet, I decided to go. It was ok. I sat close to a table with desserts and that definitely helped me to spend the enjoyable night. I met a guy from Cambridge MBA who is from Slovakia. What a small world! But then music started to play and it was too noisy and one could not hear anything the other person was saying so no more conversation and I started to get bored so I decided to leave. But it was fun.

Now off to bed, it is past midnight! And I need to study for my exam on Tuesday. It is Company law, oral exam, in French! Gosh, I might fail...

No comments:

Post a Comment