Friday, May 7, 2010

PB

PB=peanut butter.

Please rise your hands those of you who would walk more than 18k just to get a jar of peanut butter. I would and I did.

I went for an easy run with a friend this morning. I wanted to run 8k with her and then keep going but my shins started to hurt and have not really stop since. Stress fracture? Shall see.
So did only 8,5k this morning.
Also my hamstrings are really tight, probably from 200s on Tuesday (stupid useless workout!!!).

I do not have classes (only final exams in 2 weeks), no bike and can't run, so I was bored and out of PB. Therefore I decided to get some. But a jar in a store nearby is like 11cents more expensive than in a mall couple k further. So it would not be me (too cheap and too active) if I have not decided to go get the cheaper one. So 18k it was because of 11 cents cheaper jar of PB. (I can't believe I value 11 cents for 18k and 3 hours of my life!) But I enjoyed the walk, I like going there. I have already done it multiple times and it is very calming and I can think about random things.

It was around 6pm when I got back and clouds were gone, sun was shining, perfect weather for roller skating. Ok, so I have not used my in-lines for past two years and I knew it would be embarrassing and I will most likely break something. They make different protectors for knees, elbows, wrists but nothing for a butt. Come one, I need a cushion/pillow for my butt in order to cushion my falls!
I did not start on campus, I went little bit further in my sneakers and changed only afterwards because I am already known as the girl that is on both track and volleyball team, runs every day and has a home trainer and a bike in her dorm room, so I do not need to add "the one landing on her butt/or face on a pavement roller-skating". First 50m were very slow and careful. Then I got more confidence but I am sure I still looked very scared and too prudent. I did 10k on my usual running path along the high way. That path seems more flat when I am running. There are some hills there:) I was close to falling only once (and did not fall, yay!).
I liked it a lot but I need to get more confidence and I get that only with practice. Then I will be fine and I will go for longer rides. But until then, I am going to stay away from campus where people who I know/or who know me can see me:)

I am off to visit my family in Auxerre, will be back on Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. You're such an American ;). Gotta say I never think about peanut butter now that Nutella is omnipresent. But any excuse for an 18k walk is a good excuse. It would take a 100k walk for me to get the peanut butter, so perhaps that's why I've given up on the thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, mmmonyka, you are just shrowded in mystery! Or maybe I am just not a careful reader. So are you FRENCH? How many French people exactly are so good at English? Take it as a compliment I thought you were an American, not because it is particularly cool to be American, but because your English is excellent. So if you like peanut butter, do you also like root beer? The second almost always determines which side of the Atlantic one grew up on. :).But what is up with the Rochester races on your schedule? Is that Rochester, MN or is there really a Rochester in Michigan?

    Maintenant j'ai une autre excuse pour practiquer le francais... merci! Ca m'inquiète beaucoup. Je suis en train de le perdre au danois :(.

    ReplyDelete