Sunday, January 10, 2010

Where to start

I have decided to start writing my own (running) blog because I would like to have something to look back at and read through and because I am too bored and this seems like a nice way to kill free time.

I start with some short feedback:
I am doing MSc in Management at business school in France, near Paris and time I do not spend studying, reading, preparing reports, presentations, audit projects, problem sets etc I like to spend by running and biking.
I do not mind living in the middle of nowhere (in the middle of forests and fields more precisely) because there are so many awesome running forest trails and other running and biking paths...
I got injured (IT band syndrome) while training for Paris marathon in April last year and then could not run for more than 4 months (I knew my IT band was bad and that I would not be able to finish it, but I did not want to miss the experience. So I did 20miles and then the pain became unbearable, so I just had to stop and walk the remaining distance to finish line with the runners because I did not know where the hell I was, which did not help my IT band at all, not at all).
I did a lot of road biking over summer (used bike to go to work, so did more than 40miles daily) and start running again in late August. Then I ran Nice-Cannes marathon in early November (which was cool and surprisingly easy!!! run; I should have gone much faster but I did not know where I stood after injury and long time off) and then got the IT band problem again:( So have not run since and started again last week on Sunday January 3rd.

Because my school schedule is very easy for January and I have a lot of free time, I got in some very decent runs this week and was able to explore the countryside even more and I have found few very cool runs!

I will do a 10k race sometime in April and I wish to get some decent time (although I do not know what a decent time would mean at this point).
And I would like to do some local short races as well and was thinking about doing Xterra race (or regular triathlon) over summer, but it all depends on where I will be doing my internship.

We have snow, but not too much and I have realized that I love running in snow. Probably because I can blame snow and slippery roads for my slow pace...
Anyway, did 17k today, first part on a road, then some great trails in a nearby forest (pretty hard, but still awesome). I feel good. Little sore this week (well, I start running after almost 2 months off) but I am sure it will get only better and better.

Weekly mileage: 75k (47miles)
2h bike
2,5h volleyball

No comments:

Post a Comment