Sunday, January 31, 2010

Getting there..

Today we had awesome weather. I know that all Europe and the US is covered with snow, but here...sun is shining, birds are singing...almost.
It was still pretty cold but running while sun shines is awesome.
I had 25k planned for today and since it is pretty long I went exploring. I took the path that I already took before but honestly I am little scared running there because it is kinda far from everything and I have never met anyone. But today..I met bikers, huge group of hikers, dog walkers. Just awesome. Then I took a road but I was not entirely sure where it goes. I knew that I were somewhere between Jouy and Versailles but that's about it. I just continued running. I got to Foret de Versailles but I knew that it is huge so I did not want to go there without a map so just kept running on a road. But then I got sick of it because they were doing some repair works on that road and it was just annoying continuing running there. So I followed signs direction Jouy to get back and do some familiar loop.
I did 25.6k @ 5:09 pace which is pretty good. It is still slower than my pre-injury (pre-marathon) pace but I felt good and strong and I am getting there...

I biked for 30min in the evening. I have adventure race with bike part coming up in 2 weeks so I need to prepare. Although I am sure whether it will help just 2 weeks before. We shall see about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment