Sunday, January 17, 2010

Just like spring!!!

Sunday= long run day.
When I woke up (at around 9:22 and it was already too late for breakfast in our dining hall) snow was gone, sun was shining and birds singing. Almost. But no snow and sun was shining. I ate a kiwi as my breakfast and went out for a 16k run. I did 17k last Sunday, but wanted to do only 16 today just to make sure my knee and quadriceps are ok.
After first 500m I had to take my jacket off because it was really warm.
I met a surpisingly a lot of runners today, probably because of a weather. I decided to do a 8k loop through Val d'Albian et Bievres that I found last week. I realized today that it is in fact a bike path, which I could not see before because it was covered by snow. It is a pity that it is a pavement, it could have been such a cool running path. But it is still very nice. At the end of the loop there is the forest I was talking about in one of my previous posts with a very steep hill. Because it has been raining for past few days, I could not go there, because it will not possible to run up those hills in a mud. So I took the road through Val d'Albian. The road is even more hilly then the forest. I knew that, I had already done it couple times, but I am always stunned when I reach the beginning of the hill and look up. It goes from approx 90m a.s.l. to 160m a.s.l., the length is approx 700m. See the map below, click to enlarge.
Because I still had like 8k to go I followed the other bike path. And because I wanted to know where it goes, I followed it until I have reached one of the roads that I already knew and where I was on a bike. I did not want to run on road with cars, therefore I turned around and took the same path back. I ended up doing 19k :(
But it was still cool. I felt really good, was not too tired, no pains.

I hope this nice weather lasts longer, although it is not very likely since it is only a middle of January.




No comments:

Post a Comment