Saturday, January 16, 2010

I messed it up only twice- both to our advantage!

Because I live in the middle of nowhere and I am not a huge fan of sightseeing (and I have already seen everything worth seeing in Paris) and shopping (huge sales in France! But I am already all set- I already got new sneakers) and it has been raining since morning, it looked like I will be bored to death by sleep time.
But then I remembered that our men's volleyball team was scheduled to play two Coupe de France matches today so I decided to go and watch cute volleyball players. No, what am I saying? I decided to go and watch the MATCHES. It was fun, but I was the only spectator:(

Since I was the only person not playing (except for the referee), I was given the task of assigning points on the score board. Wow, such a responsibility. I messed it up only twice and added a point or two to our team instead of to our opponents but referee has never missed my mistake. Then I did not know how to correct the thing and that added to a general confusion since one of our players had to stop playing and come to me and show me how to correct the scores.
At the end, the players have offered me a beer and a cake for my hard (but unsuccessful) attempts to help them win the match by messing up a score board. I do not drink beer so they have shared mine among themselves. Certain coach L... would not like that at all! (It's one of 3 "forbidden" Bs)! Well, the truth is, that I did not like that neither. Drinking beer and eating cake right after the match??? What kind of sportsmen are they?

I did not run yesterday because I still felt my quadriceps and I started to have a strange unpleasant feeling in my right knee, as if my injury had been coming back.
I think it was wise not to run yesterday, because today I did not feel a thing!!! So psyched! So I went out for an easy 7k run in a rain...

No comments:

Post a Comment