Thursday, January 21, 2010

Indoor meet

I ran 1500m indoors today. It was ok. I do not have any speed therefore I was not able to change the pace or have stronger finish. And because I am not used to run such races and did not know what to expect, I chilled out as usually. I just did not want it to hurt, so I was careful. I run 45s for each 200m. Time 5:33,35 (few seconds were caused by the fact that I had to run more than 1 lap in line 2-3 because I am so "fairplay" and I left the 1st line for the guy who doubled me by one lap :) Did I mentioned I was the mascot of a race, because I was the only girl???!!!

Come on, I am runnig for fun and I do not want to push myself really and I do not want it to hurt. For now. I will see how it goes later. Maybe I will be able to push myself a little. I do not remember the last time when I ran a race and it hurt...

I know I should start doing some VO2Max work and other faster stuff, not only the long slow runs. We have 10k race on 18th of March (if I heard it right today) so I will try to work a little bit harder and I will try to prepare more adequate training.

Speed will be also good for volleyball because I am sooo slow. Last week we practiced the blocks and I did it with one guy (really cute one, one of the best looking guys I have ever seen. I swear.) and he was already on the other site of the court while I was still only preparing for my jump:) Literally!!! But I guess that I would have to do sprints to be fast enough for volleyball...

By the way. My plan did not work out. I did not play the match today. Was not able to get there on time, so I had to go to Spanish class.

2 comments:

  1. cool! glad you are racing track!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I might do some outdoor races as well, but just to please our coach. I prefer running for fun and compete in some crazy trail/break-neck races:)

    ReplyDelete