Sunday, January 24, 2010

Just another Sunday

Like every Sunday, I wake up, have breakfast (2 mini baguettes, butter, 2 cups of tea, 1 cup of milk- every day, there is nothing else in our dining hall for breakfast) and go for a long run.

I wanted to do around 22k with 6x30s pick-ups and surprise- I did. I did not go exploring this time so I did not end up doing more. It was a nice run although weather was horrible- rain, no rain, rain, no rain. I met surprisingly a lot of runners and bikers, considering the weather. I started on road but my right IT band bothered me a little, so I did some trails as well. They were pretty muddy, but not too bad. I stayed there for only about 3k because I had to head back if I did not want to do more than 22.

My pace was pretty decent considering weather, trails, mud and hills (oh, those horrible hills here...), average 5:22min/k. Still slower though than what I used to go before the IT band injury.
But I have realized that I am soooo slow on trails. Even if I tried to keep the same pace and it felt like I was, I went considerably slower when not on a road. I know that it is normal, but still. I need to do something about it before those trail races I would like to do.

These is one awesome 16k (or 35k, but I prefer the shorter one) trail race organized by the town I am in now, but the problem is that it is on the same date as Paris marathon. Not that I want to run Paris marathon (I did ran 2 marathons and my IT band got messed up both times), but I wanted to go to watch because it is fun. I need to decide. But I might choose trail race.

Weekly mileage:
run: 49k
bike: 1h
volleyball: 8h (practices + match)

No comments:

Post a Comment