Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Hilly hills

I went for an easy 1h long run at around 11am. I did not felt that great but started to feel better after around 35minutes and picked up a pace a little. But not for long! I entered this forest/park/whatever close-by. So far I did not have a chance to run there therefore I decided to run a loop there to see how it is. Man it was hilly. Well, only one hill but what a hill! Really steep and loooong, I was fried by the time I got to the top. Then there was a short flat piece and downhill. I still had couple minutes left to finish my hour, so decided to do the loop again and see whether the hill was really that bad or whether I just imagined it. No, not imagining it, it is long and steep.

I am sure I can get some good hill workouts there as soon as snow melts, because now it is just too slippery to try to run faster.

I was really tired after this and was struggling to keep my eyes open and not to fall asleep, but I had promised to running club president that I will come to the lifting session at 2pm. I went, but it was not that great because weight room was crowned by rugby players so we stayed in one of the fitness rooms and did some drills, some power exercises and stretching. My legs are starting to be sore. Will take it very slowly tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment