Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Intervals

Went for our school practice today. Well, it is more like a PE class, nothing like hard-core school track practices in the US. But still, at least I run with people.
And about our coach. He is a very successful....throws coach. He has coached some French champions and still coaches a guy who is a European champion in javelin throw under 23 and in general one of the best javelin throwers in Europe. He is kinda weird, very noisy, has couple piercings and always wears a hat. That javelin thrower I mean, not our coach. And he broke his knee last year but I do not know how and I am not really sure what "breaking" a knee means. I do not want to ask him because he might be too sensitive about it. But he is ok now.
But anyway, our coach is not that great running coach and he makes us do weird stuff, especially before races, that exhausts us. And I feel that he does not really know what a good time for a specific distance is. But otherwise he is very nice. He called a special clinic in Paris to get me an appointment when I had IT band problems.

We were only three today because we have recruitment days going on and everyone went to talk to companies and to get get some internships offers. But French companies do not really interest me, so I did not spend there much time. I talked to Renault only and might talk to Peugeot and a company that organizes Tour de France, Paris marathon and other huge French sport events tomorrow.
We had dome some weight training yesterday at volleyball practice and my butt is sore therefore I knew it would not be awesome running day today. I warmed up and then we did some intervals with jogging in between. Intervals were not that long, I guess 650-700m (2x 330-350m loop+ loop recovery)but they were on grass with a pretty steep hill in each loop. We did 6, they were not that bad, it was "speedier" workout in a long time, I felt good but my butt...Then we did 5k cool down on a hilly terrain. And my butt is even sorer now and I do not expect it to get better because I need to run tomorrow and then 4hour long volley practice.

And something not related to my butt: I have Statistics final Friday, so I should start studying but I am soooo lazy.

Oh yeah, Mad, you would love this: I made 10Euros today participating in an experiment about decision making related to renewable energies business project. I know that you used to make cash by doing this kind of a stuff at Brown:)

No comments:

Post a Comment