Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Same old mutual destruction

Quote of a day: "Running is my Brownie Sundae"

Tuesday and the same interval workout as past 2 weeks- 6 x 2 loops (cca330-350m 1 loop) w/ 1 loop jog. The only thing changing is my pace!
I have felt like a crap all day today and I was considering asking our coach to let me do long easy run. But that would be like quitting, right?
I warmed up, did some stretching and drills (veeeery slowly) and then started the intervals with one guy (who says that "we are in almost the same shape and therefore we mutually destroy each other doing these intervals". But I think it is good!).
First interval was pretty slow to see where we are, since it has been snowing and we were not sure whether it is safe enough and not slippery.
We did 2:40, 2:31, 2:29, 2:27 together, which is faster than last week and the week before and then I did the last two alone in 2:25 and 2:24. I am proud of myself. This was a very good workout (according to my standards) and quite difficult because I had to force myself to run (and enjoy it).
I hit the gym afterwards although it was reserved to rugby players during that hour. They kinda looked at me weirdly because, well, I was a girl among like 20 rugby players during their gym hours...Nobody kicked me out though. It was not that bad because they were slowly leaving and by the end there were only 4 and later only 2 of us there. I did some exercises for legs, back, triceps and biceps.

Today was a I-did-a-good-job-and-feel-good-about-myself day!

No comments:

Post a Comment