Sunday, February 21, 2010

Grrrrr

Quote of the day: "Cross Country - Finally a practical use for golf courses."

Today is one of "those" days...
Since I cannot run, I have decided to take my bike (that has been hooked up on my trainer for past couple months) and go out to explore the French countryside.
But it seems that it is not my destiny to do any kind of sports (no running because of ITBS, no volleyball because of f*** up floor, and now biking...).
My tires were not hard enough for road biking so I had to inflate them a little bit. But man, I hate Presta valves!!! On one hand, they are great for easy inflation with hand pump, but they are so fragile. As I was inflating my rear tire, the stupid valve cup just broke off!!!! And of course, I did not have any spare tire tubes. My second bike is more like a used-for-shopping-and-might-break-any-moment bike, so no biking today!!! Sport Gods, you won!
But be aware, I am going to buy a tire tube tomorrow and then you will see...

I was so bored and could not stand feeling depressed, eating peanut butter and staring at the monitor on my laptop anymore, therefore I went for a power walk- you know, brisk walk when you swing your arms...
I did around 15k, it took me exactly 2 hours. I will stick to this (and biking) for couple days.

And I figured that since I am not going to run a very high mileage (and therefore do not have to eat that much in order not to fall apart) for couple weeks, I will try to loose some weight, like 4-5 pounds. Well, eating half a jar of peanut butter in 30 minutes is not a good start, but I promise, I am on starting tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment