Sunday, February 14, 2010

Longest run since November

Quote of the day: If running feels good, you didn’t push hard enough. It’s supposed to hurt like hell.

I felt great this morning, even after yesterdays adventure race.
My shins were little sore but other than that I felt I have not been doing anything yesterday. Which is good on one hand, but it means that I didn't push hard enough (well, it was a team race, so we had to stick together:).

Weather was gorgeous today- sunny, although chilly. And I was really looking forward to my run this time. I planned on doing 25k (maybe 20k if I feel that I need to recover from yesterday), but I had hard time stopping since I wanted to enjoy the weather. I did 30k @ 5:09pace (8:14/mile), which is not that bad and I felt very good. I was actually surprised because it felt I was going much slower.
I am little sore now, but for me it is normal after long run. It will be gone tomorrow.
Some thoughts: If I run 30k at 5:09 pace (8:14mm), it is only 9s (or 14 for counting in miles) off my marathon pace, which many people say is not a good idea because I do nor recover properly but I am used to run my runs at 8mm from Brown and I do not see a reason why I should try to run slower on my easy long runs. I guess this means that I should increase my marathon pace next time:)
Also, I do not drink or eat anything during my long runs. I know that a lot of people bring gels or power bars with them for longer runs. But I am just not used to that. I wonder whether bringing water or a snack might have a positive effect on my running...


I have the shape of our planet!!!! Because of the time zones, all Olympics live broadcasts are during the night and early morning!!! Grrrr. Hate it. I cannot stay up all night and do not go to school in the morning because I want to watch Slovak biatlonists kick major German ass. Although I am not hiding that I am glad I have not seen how the Canadian women kicked our ass in hockey (18-0).

No comments:

Post a Comment