Friday, January 7, 2011

200m workout

I managed to trick my cousin to let me use his computer:)

I did 8x200m and it is either that I am VERY VERY slow, or that the loop I have chosen to run is long or that I am too wimpy to run fast on snow and ice. I was supposed to do 38-40 sec, which would be pretty easy couple week ago but I did not get any of those intervals under 40s. The fastest one was 41 something.
It´s probably combination of all those causes mentioned above but the major factor would be the distance. It could be anywhere between 180-220m.

We do not have proper track in this town so we can´t run there in winter because the surface would get destroyed. Tehrefore we used to go to nearby park and run small 250m (+-20m) loop to simulate indoor track for indoor season:)

It is nice to run at places I used to run when I was younger. I have not run in this park since 2005. And now I have no idea how we could run there, it is slippery in winter, sharp turns and not measured properly. I am too spoiled now:)

I wanted to do swim workout afterwards but I slightly hurt my back muscles somehow when I did those running intervals and it hurts a little when I try to turn so I will do it tomorrow if my back loosens up.

And by the way. I received the permission to do the internship from US Department of State (or whichever office) so I am going to visa interview next week and should be back in the US in February!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment