Monday, July 19, 2010

Runner's guilt

I hate it!
On one hand I know I need to take it easy but on the other hand I want to run. That's normal. But the problem is that I am scared to run because I am not sure whether ITB is ok now. And I feel guilty for not trying. Because what if ITB is heeled now and I could have been doing workouts and stuff for few days already? Grrr!
I feel like I should run for an hour and see how it goes but I don't want to because I do not want to make it worse again and therefore I feel guilty.
I know it is confusing, I am sure runners understand this.

On Saturday I did 1min run, couple min walk 5x. Yesterday I did 2min runs. Today I skipped 3 and moved directly to 4min runs. So 4mins run, 2 min walk, 5x.
I think my mind is playing tricks and I think I feel tinkling in the knee but I do not know whether it is real or not. Probably not because now I do not feel pain. So everything looks good.

I did also 30min on an elliptical and lots of stretching and foam rolling.

I ran (if you can call it running) three days in a row so tomorrow off running probably.

1 comment:

  1. Trust me...err on the side of caution...take it easy for now!!!!!!!!!!!!! I learned this the hard way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete