Sunday, July 18, 2010

Good day

Today was a good day: I biked, ran, swam, watched a movie, ate muffins...

I first brought the bike to the bike shop. Guy told me that everything looks fastened enough so it will be the bottom bracket problem. Screw it. Apparently the probability of buying two different bikes and both having this problem is very high. He said that if nothing is loose I can ride it and if I really want to have checked out I can bring it in on Tuesday because he did not have time today. Well, so my options are:
1, buy a new bottom bracket and change it myself (will save me $55/hours they charge for work) immediately
2, ride a bike until the bracket becomes completely unusable (I am not sure whether it is safe though but since everything looks fastened, it should be ok. Let's just hope that it does not fall apart which would lead to the whole crank arm falling which will probably mean that I will run over it and the chain will get stucked somewhere so I will fall and a car might run over my neck...)
3, bring it in on Tuesday and have it checked to make sure it is not something really minor and maybe something different from crank

I am going for 2 for now although that noise it sometimes annoying. But thankfully it does not do it all the time.

I did around 26-27 miles and survived. Good for now.

Then I did 10 minutes of running. 2min run, 3 min walk, 5 times. I do not know whether ITB is ok or now. It is all psychological and I might be imagining things.

I also did around 20 minutes in a pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment