Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Bike, off running

As I promised: today no run

I biked instead. I went to one of the trails that are around here. They are pretty good. They are not paved and if, only a short portion and completely flat. Actually it seems that they are always gradual hill in one direction (you can definitely feel it on an 11miles run when you realize that you are flying your last 5,5 miles at 7:30 pace). There is always a lot of bikers, runners and walkers.
I decided to explore one that I have not visited before. I wanted to go straight from work. It thought that it was a very good idea but I was starving. I ate one sandwich (1 slices of bread, butter, cucumber, cheese) at breakfast and then 2 sandwiches and a banana at lunch at noon and I was starving at 3pm so I drank tea. But I figured, come on, person can last without food for 30ish days, right? So I can last for half a day. I got out of work at 5pm and headed for a trail.
Wow, it is hard to bike on a limestone surface. There was one short paved portion (cca 1 mile) and I felt like flying there!
I did approximately 27 miles (maybe 16 on a trail, rest on roads/sidewalks getting there). I was out for about 2,5 hours. Fun.

Then I swam for few minutes (maybe 15) to loosen up.

One last observation: $100 makes a difference. The first bike I gave back was much better than this one (and $100 more expensive). That one was definitely better fitting me (on this one my trapezium muscles are killing me) and saddle was much better. The only good thing is that this one was cheaper and tires are better fitting for these roads. The other bike tires were shitty plus they were width 25. These are 28 and are not hard core road bike tires, which is good in my case.
I guess I will have to cope until I settle down (and start earning money) finally and can get a normal bike. Right now I will just buy cheaper stuff that will do for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment