Friday, July 30, 2010

I have figured out the easiest way to log in more mileage

Not really, but...

You know how you can log in more miles on a bike? Riding two bikes simultaeously.
That's what I had to do this morning.
I had to return a bike to a colleague so I had to take mine and hers to work. But that's no biggie, I have already done that multiple times but never for almost 6 miles.
I rode her bike and pulled/dragged (call ti whatever you want) mine alongside.
The only problem was that I had to ride her bike because it would not be possible with road bike handle bars that are on mine. And only rear brake worked good so I had to have mine on a left side, so closer to cars and if something was going to happen I would have to drop mine directly under car wheels not into the grass on the side of a road. But nothing happened.
Riding a bike to work is strange here, riding two bikes even stranger. I am sure that some people have never seem anyone doing it. Some guys in work asked me whether it is a special bike training:)

On running note: no run today. I am going to add running minutes by increments of 10min until I reach 50min and am going to take 1 day off running between each running day. I'll see how it will go.
And also, my coach had a wonderful suggestion to drop LA 1/2marathon project and train for 5k and 10k. That's is probably better for my pure ITB.

I biked today. I went out straight from work and biked pretty hard for 3hours. I got home after 9pm and I was sooo hungry. All I could thought of last hour of a ride was a tuna sandwich I planed on eating after I get home.

Do you follow European athletics championship? Slovak 800m runner Lucia Klocova got in 4th just 9 hundreds of a second short of the 3rd place. Grrrr. On one hand it is awesome, but on the other it makes me mad. I used to run with Lucia while in high school. Well, not really with her since she was 800m runner and I ran 1500m, but we had practices on the same track at the same time usually. I have never saw her done anything longer than 600m. She did a lot of sprints and stuff and kept mileage low. Interesting. But I guess that how her mileage is much higher now because she had struggled to get under 2min for 4 or 5 years. She has basically been stucked at 2:00.something and people were saying that it might be that her mileage is not high enough and that she should start doing longer intervals. I do not whether that was the reason for the stagnation or not because I have no idea what she does now.

No comments:

Post a Comment