Saturday, July 17, 2010

I want my daddy!!!

I need my daddy to properly assemble and adjust my bike for me!!!
Yeah, that's right, my bike is finally in my bedroom (literally). It took so long because I wanted them to assemble it for me and adjust gears and stuff. Well, they did assembled it but again very poorly. Bad thing is that you always learn this after couple miles not after one loop at the parking lot.
I adjusted brakes and rear derailleur (and must say they work awesome) but had huge problems adjusting the front derailleur and it might be worse than before. I am even scared to try it.
It took me 2 hours.

Also crank set it making popping noises!!! Grrr. So I need to spend money on a socket wrench and hope it is only loose.

I am trying to save money and do this myself but it takes me 5x more time than it would take someone more experienced in this. And the final result..close enough.
Good thing I do not own a car. You should have seen me changing my car radio 3 years ago. Of course I gave up after 3 hours and brought it to a car shop and they did it in less than 30 minutes.

And the foam roller arrived today!

Back to running:
I did not run neither yesterday, nor today.
Yesterday because I was unexpectedly invited to a party in work. It was fun, all different managers from other locations in the Northern America and me:) I was the only one under 30. But surprising I had a really good time.
And today, all this bike crap...but I walked 5 miles.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I've been behind with all the training. Yes, the foam roller needs to be your BFF. I used it at least 5 times/week. Go slow, and feel the pain. It does wonders for the ITB. I am impressed with how much you know about bikes. Great job!

    ReplyDelete