Monday, May 30, 2011

Lake swim

My legs are still mad at me about what I did to them on Saturday:) But less mad than yesterday.

ITB feels good, but I will give it one more day before attempting a run.

I went to visit a friend from college who now does her PhD in Ann Arbor and it was nice to see her again. We walked around the town and around the UM campus. Ann Arbor is a nice city, very green, nothing like Detroit area.

Because it is the Memorial Day, the Y was closed so on my way back from AA I stopped in the park where the triathlon was held on Saturday and I decided to swim in the lake there.
There were a lot of people in the park and in the water. It was pretty cold but not too bad. I decided to swim wetsuitless because I would have looked ridiculous.
I swam along the buoys outside the area reserved for swimmers. I did maybe around 1k before I started to get too cold.
I was supposed to do more and with bands and pull buoy but I guess 1 easy k is better than nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment