Friday, November 5, 2010

Mile repeats- my new favorite?

I love 1k repeats. Now sure why. Probably because it is not too fast and I usually run them at 5k pace, so it is a comfortable pace.

Today I did my second session of 5xmile @ 6:20-30 w/ 1min rec. And loved it. Now I cannot decide between 1k and mile repeats:)
I was working the whole morning until 3:30pm and then had to run to class until 7pm so I did not get to track until around 7:20pm. Way too late but better than never. I was not sure how the workout will go because I was already tired from standing the whole day or at least that's what I thought.
So I decided to start closer to 6:30 pace and see how I feel. And I felt awesome. Easy, it felt like a jog, really, the whole time.
6:27, 6:26, 6:25, 6:20 ( I wanted to do 6:24 so I decided to give me a little cushion and it did not work out:)), 6:22.
Great workout. I am not sure, are these supposed to feel hard at the end? Because they did not, I could have continued at this pace for couple more repeats.

But I think that 1k repeats are still my favorite because miles are just too long and uneventful (ok, 1ks are not eventful neither but at least they are shorter).

This and next week are going to be crazy. I am working the whole day Friday, Sat and Sunday like 8am-8ish pm, then most of the day on Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday the film market is over, so it will be a normal day and on Thursday I am off to Hawaii!!! I cannot wait.

Work is fun and get to eat fancy food. Although those film people must know something I do not because I would not buy any of those films we are selling. Most of them are more like artfilms and I prefer "normal" movies- no thinking, just bad guys versus good guys and they lived happily ever after at the end. I definitely could not be a film seller for that company. You really must like that stuff. I was more on a technical side when I did my internship there so I did not have to be enthusiastic about movies. But some of them were/are cool and I liked them.
So far I have seen only one movie at the market because I do not have time to see more but I hope to go to see some over weekend.
Also when the company went to Cannes, everyone went only me, a poor intern, had to stay in the office in Paris and take care of emergencies:(

8 comments:

  1. you averaged 6:24 which is 4:00 per km which is 40:00 10 km. if this felt like a jog then I truly believe you are ready to go solidly sub-40:00 (possibly sub 39:30) over 10 km. I think you should do the 5 km on Nov. 21 but then on Dec. 10th I think you should move up to 10 km. It would be nice to parlay this fitness into a shiny new 10 km PB to go with your 5 km PB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, let's do that! I still have 1 month to prepare and get used to the idea of doing loooong 10k, right?
    The other thing I am little worried is the ITB. It was 100% last three weeks, no occasional twitches nor weird sensations. However, after the race and 9 miles on road on Sun, 6 easy on Mon and track work-out on Tue I am back to occasional twitches. Therefore I need to be careful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 10k is on Dec 11th. Not sure whether that's of any importance to you now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are progressing so well!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Mad, I do not have anything else to do so I can concentrate all my energy on running:) Not sure whether it is good or sad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And oh yeah, I have the awesome coach, who knows what she is doing and who lets me do what I want to do not a CL-type coach.

    ReplyDelete